Friday 17 February 2017

Textures (again)

So, I've decided to redo the entire texture Load() function, as I've realised there isn't just 24-bit and 8-bit textures... I came across some code where someone had figured out where the colour palettes are stored, how they are stored and the fact that some textures are RLE compressed. There isn't apparently some form of 'encryption', but I have't seen any of this so far. Anyways, I've managed to dump the palette of sys_konami.tex, and by the looks of it, this is all the colours used in the original konami logo. The palette is below (there's a lot of different types of orange and grey, who knows what they are for). Now I have to actually dump the texture are stepping through the palette and copying each colour into a buffer!! Progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment